Hey Everybody!
Welcome to Rovie's 50th Bday blog. As you can see in the title caption, Rovie's not much of a party guy, and he's been reluctantly "accepting" the fact that he's a half century old (I'm going to pay for that later!), but he really loves hearing from family and friends. Please take a moment to share a bday message with him here. I will "give" him the URL for the site on Feb 7 (his bday), but feel free to continue sharing messages beyond that date if you'd like.
Instructions:
To leave a message, look at the end of this note for the word "comment" with a little pencil next to it. Click on that and follow the instructions from there.
Thanks so much!
Vicki (blog alias: Drummergirl)
Wednesday, February 4, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
27 comments:
HAPPY BIRTHDAY DAD!!!!!!
...at least you don't look 50 :)
Love you,
Laura
What happened? The young guy on the lake turned into the Old Man and the Sea! Holy cow, he better start drinking Bowman lake water to serve as the fountain of youth. Good news is...the older/bigger fish will now relate better to him. Maybe he'll catch something larger than bait fish? And..thank god he has Vicki so he can defer his trip to Assisted living for a couple of more years.
Rovie - 50 is not so bad, really. I been there 6-7 years now, and I'm writing to tell you that, if only I could remember who you are .....Hmmm.
Happy Birthday Rovie!
Here's to many more...!
Rob and Michelle Beaulieu
Well! A public forum to talk about my big brother. What shall I say...? I guess I'll skip all the criminal misconduct (you can breathe again now, Rov) so he can keep that Federal retirement, which-Geez at this age should be any minute. I'll just get down to the really embarrassing family stuff. Like how as a baby he threw potatoes in the toilet, or better yet, how he was deathly afraid of - wait for it- feathers! Yup. Mom and Dad didn't need baby gates. One decent sized pillow kept Rovie away from stairs and furniture until he was 25.
Well you've come a long (LONG!)way since then big brother and I am proud and happy to have you as part of my family. In part because by the time I came along, nothing I did wrong was that shocking anymore.
Seriously Rovie, I hope you have a wonderful birthday! I am sure you will pave the way, as usual and show us all how to age gracefully.
I Love You!
-Janice Anne
Laura's onto something. It'll be a sad day when that shaggy coat of blonde fur goes gray, but it hasn't yet. Also: You have not been balding. Looks like you've got something in common with the finest of wines. Happy 50th!
Happy Birthday Rovie!!!!
Cassandra
Dad!! I can't believe you're 50! We both knew it would come one of these days :) You're the youngest 50 year old I've ever met though, and I wouldn't believe if I wasn't your daughter. I still pretty much don't. I hope your birthday is great and that you don't let the number get to your head too much. You'll always be my awesome dad. I love you.
Sarah
Happy FIFTIETH BIRTHDAY, Rovie.
I can't believe that little guy I remember from so many years ago in diapers is getting closer to being that old guy in diapers. Just kidding, of course. You know that they are now saying that 50 is the new 30, and that 70 is the new 50. Somehow, I don't see the 50 year old women giving me a second look, but I'll bet the 30 year olds will still give you a second look with all that wavy hair. In any event, enjoy your birthday and remember the line I look at every morning, "Enjoy Life;This is not a Rehearsal".
Best wishes from Dana & Gretchen
Rovie,
What's the difference between 49 and 50 besides a day? Guess that's easy for me to say since I still have a couple of years to go. Though it's kind of scary how, all of a sudden, we seem to be becoming the old guys on the lake.... Hope you have a great birthday and we'll look forward to seeing you in Taborton soon.
R.B. and Liz
Hey Old Man!
lol - guess I better not pick on you, as I'm right behind you. Another year and a half, and I'll be joining you as a half-centenarian!
Well, look at the bright side - it's a whole 30 more years before the Lake Association considers you a "Senior Citizen" and stops asking you for donations! lol - Makes you feel a bit younger knowing "we" don't think you're old for another 30 years - doesn't it? lol
Anyway - we all hope you have a VERY Happy Birthday, and that the upcoming year is fantastic for you!
Enjoy!
John, Kristy, and Chris
PS - Mom sends her regards too!
Rovie, Dude, it's just a number, take it easy. Now when you get to be Dana's age, that's when you're in the deep doo ;-)-
Party On!
Doug
This is from Barb, Kivvy and Chuck B. We are trying for the second time to post our comment. The three of us are in Averill Park and we were coincidentally reminiscing about the time that the Simons and Bogosta kids were playing spoons on the Copeland porch. Anyway, welcome to the 50 plus crowd, we are a pretty cool bunch (Barb said that!). We wish you good health, good times, good wine and good fishing. We will toast to you at dinner tonight
Love
Barb
Kivvy
Chuck
Rov, you're now at an age where words of wisdom should be emanating from your consciousness as you sit in the middle of the lake in your rovboat. We look to you as a leader, a role model, a muse . . . oh, forget it, just keep being yourself. You've done a good job being a uniquely special you. Have a great birthday!
-Ba
Cahill Clan
Hi Rovie, so you think you are getting old. Well it is a matter of perspective, some of the clan think you are pretty darn old at 50, and some think you are pretty young, but all agree that you are pretty"cool". Happy birthday from the Cahill Clan.
You gotta be kidding me 50??? How did that happen?? I'm only 39 so i guess you passed us. Well have a happy birthday and tell you wife to lie about you age next time. As the old fisherman said keep your.... well never mind and enjoy!!
bob & sharon d
1959-2009!!!!Quite the half century!!!!!! From Kennedy to Obama you have experienced a great deal and have fared amazingly well through all of it!!!!! Congratulations,Rovie!! As you blow out the candles, consider your good fortune- a great wife and family, good friends, and your own Shangri La on Big Bowman Pond. This summer boat on over and we will celebrate these first 50 years with a bottle of bubbly on the front porch.
Love,
Joan and Charlie
How lovely to be soooooo young. This is from the elder Frosts who look back on our fifties as the prime of life.
Best wishes!
Ginsy and Warren
Happy Birthday Rovie!!! Welcome to the 50's club! Just think thoughts of fishing on Big Bowman Pond and whatever difficulty you have with turning 50 will melt away, well, in the Spring. Why do you think Fred and I moved to the Pond? To feel deliriously happy despite the creeping upward of years. It's always a pleasure to see you. Hope you have a wonderful birthday and a great 50 more years. Love, Susan and Fred
Happy 50th Birthday Rovie!!
I'm sure we'll catch up with a toast at next weekends Winterfest bonfire...
You've been a great friend to the both of us, even though you dumped a glass of red wine on my wedding dress (that's my story and I'm sticking to it!)
Enjoy the day, and we'll celebrate soon! XXOO
Mucho love,
Bill (already part of the "Club") and Cindy (diggin in my heels)
Happy five ohhhhhh! According to our calculations you are technically in your 51st year!!! Cheers to all of the wonderful times we've had with you at the lake!
XXOO
Chuck, Sue, Brian, and David
Hey Rove, Happy 50th.
By the time you get this, likely at least a day may have passed and the “big day” will be past.
In my teenage years, I recall many an idealic Summer at Taborton. You were 6 months older and a close friend. Over the years, I’ve admired you your ability to stay connected with and continue to make so many positive contributions to a magical little community.
A toast to ya.
Drew
Rovie, your not alone, every 7.5 seconds a baby boomer turns 50 but your not fifty, your 49.95 plus tax. Avenge yourself, live long enough to be a problem to your kids. Men are like wine; some turn to vinegar, but the best improve with age. Working for the EPA I would think that you are into recycling, so why not recycle and celebrate last years birthday. We'll see you next weekend and happy 20th anniversary of your
30th birthday.
Best wishes!
John and Terri
Hey there Rovie.... I am a bit late by your time. It is 10pm in Calif. Hip hop happy 50th birthday to you!
50 comes and goes... My time flies when you are having fun? There is no other way to fly. Happiness is a a choice. May you enjoy soaring thru the next year....
Happy 50th Rovie! It happens to the best of us! Cheers to this year and many more ahead!
Cathy, Eric, Meghan and Michael
Happy 50th birthday Rovie –
Take it from someone who knows, fifty is GREAT!
G - Giving your all for those you love (hopes and dreams)
R - Realizing each year makes you better (peace and blessings)
E - Ecstatic about what live will bring (strength and healing)
A - Always embrace life’s wonderful possibilities (choices and fulfillment)
T - Today is your day, treat yourself to something special (love and caring)
Wishing you everything you dream of, for bright, happy days and soul-deep peace. Many more . . .
Greta
Rovie,
50 down and 50 to go. We hope to see you another 50 out "fishing" on the lake. Make sure you stop and see Shea. I made it to 50 without a hitch and Colleen will join us in another 10 years. You've aged rather well considering the "job" you have. Enjoy and make the most of the next 50. Colleen, Tom and best of all Shea
Post a Comment